We believe strongly in protecting your privacy and this notice sets out how we use your personal data.
This website is owned and operated by Cornwall Electric Bike Tours is the controller of all information collected on this website.
What personal data do we gather from you?
- We gather the information that you provide when you fill in appropriate sections of our website. For example when you complete the contact section you provide us with information which we hold and use for the purposes set out in the next section.
- You are entitled to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact via our contact page. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
- If at any time, you would like to correct the personal information we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for contacts from us , you can let us know via our contact page.
Use of data
- Our main aim in gathering your personal data is to provide you with a customised service.
- For example, If you fill your details in our contact section we use your data in order that we can contact you and respond to any questions and needs that you may have.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include any data that can be used to identify any individual.
- It is important that information that we hold on you is accurate and up-to-date. Please therefore make sure that you inform us promptly of any relevant changes to your data.
- If, at some time in the future, we wish to use your personal data in ways other than those set out in this privacy notice, then we will notify you about this and seek your permission to do so.
Disclosure of personal data
- We do not sell, share or disclose your personal data to any third party for marketing purposes.
- From time to time we may use other companies and individuals to provide services to us, such as delivering orders or processing credit card payments. These companies and individuals have access to the personal data needed to perform their functions and not for any other purposes. They must process such data in accordance with this privacy notice and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We may disclose your personal data to any third party if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with the law or legal process (b) prevent fraud (c) protect the rights and property of Cornwall Electric Bike Tours (d) to enforce our conditions of use or (e) protect against misuse or unauthorised use of this website.
- If, in the future, a third party acquires Cornwall Electric Bike Tours or substantially all of its assets (whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise) customer data, including personal information, may well be one of the transferred assets.
- A cookie is tiny file of text data which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website and therefore to improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about the areas of our website which are visited most frequently. This aggregate information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. If you wish to reject our cookie, you may configure your browser to do so, this may however affect your experience on our website.
Protection of your information and security measures
- The internet is not a secure medium and Cornwall Electric Bike Tours cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your information provided over the internet. However we have put in place various security measures, the Cornwall Electric Bike Tours website and associated databases are protected by approriate processes such as firewalls, latest security updates and anti-virus measures. Password protection is provided for all user and Cornwall Electric Bike Tours data. All outgoing and incoming email is scanned for viruses. We also keep your information confidential. Our internal data protection procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.